Friday, September 22, 2006

B week: day five

I had a question in a comment about how I schedule preschool throughout the day. I spend a total of 30-40 minutes (more if the activity is more time consuming, particularly on art project Fridays) each day doing preschool with Connor. It's not very long, but it's consistent that we do it every day. I think the repetition of the calendar, day of the week, weather, five senses, words, and poem is important for Connor.

Today we read Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey. Connor loved this 1948 book. It was a Caldecott Honor book. It's a great story, good for making predictions and the pictures are nice because they're just one color.

Instead of building with boxes as I had planned (today is a busy day!) we worked on the two B worksheets I printed from STARFALL. I downloaded their entire set of letter worksheets just to have for days when the planned activity doesn't quite work out. And Connor loves to pull out his binder and his pencils in a zipper case and do his schoolwork.

So it was a quick and fun preschool day since we were getting ready for a new friend to come over and play.

No comments: